The Rover P4 is a group of mid-size luxury saloon cars produced by the Rover Company from 1949 until 1964. The 110 is a more powerful version of the 100, and is the final edition of the P4 produced. The P4 was a great alternative to the Rolls-Royce. This example has been cosmetically freshened.
The current owner purchased this Rover from a prominent industrial designer of residential lighting fixtures. With the purchase of the automobile, the current owner also received the original MOT test certificate, which was done in the town of Beverly, England on April 12, 2002. The car was then imported into Southbury, Connecticut, from England, on May 14, 2002. This 1963 Rover l10 P4 is only 1 of 3,680 produced between 1962 and 1964. This automobile is equipped with a 2.6-liter inline 6-cylinder engine that generated 123 HP. The engine is coupled to a 4-speed shift mounted to the high point of the center of the transmission tunnel. A very unique design is the ‘Sheppard's Hook’ emergency brake. Braking is accomplished with Girling power assisted brakes. There are disc brakes in the front and large drums in the rear. The car is painted medium grey over dark grey and is accented by large white wall tires. A Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club emblem is fastened to the front grill. The interior is dark red leather with light ash wood trim. The original radio is still in the dash surrounded by handsome Jaeger gauges. A dash plaque in the automobile indicates that this Rover participated in the East Coast car rally in Hall Bridlington, U.K in 1996.
This model is often referred to as "Auntie Rover" as this is the car your aunt would be seen driving all over London. The Rover cycle company was started in 1894 and by 1902 they were making motorcycles. Four years later they were building automobiles and changed their name to The Rover Company, Ltd. Many feel that the Rover 110 is their finest accomplishment.
This is a great opportunity to purchase a 1963 Rover 110 P4, a most sought after car for classic car rallies.